Wednesday, March 21, 2007

May end up back in firefighting!

This project here in Idaho will be wrapping up in the next couple of weeks, then its on to my summer. The company that wants to hire me to fly smokejumper airplanes, did get the additional contract they wanted with BLM/USFS, so they just need to get another plane apparently.

I like being part of a team, working together on towards a common goal. Thats why I find aerial firefighting work really interesting. Weather mod flying is fun and something I like better than airline flying though, and I would like to be back on this Idaho project for the winter. But for this summer, dropping firefighters in mountainous terrain, sounds like the challenge I would enjoy.

I may end in the middle east, flying for a week or two. Luckily not much longer than that.

Here I am, with the airtanker I flew in 2004. It was a ex USAAF/USN/USMC C-54E, and was apparently Adm Nimitz personal transport during WW2 in the Pacific theatre. Unfortunately, I do not think the plane has moved since we parked it after the USFS cancelled most of the airtanker contracts thats spring.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?